Saturday, January 1, 2011


When we were in South Carolina this past week we had this terrific sweet potato casserole. I came home and wanted to find a recipe that tasted just like it. I found this one on the internet and it was pretty close. I used sliced almonds instead of pecans because I didn't have any. I also put tiny marshmallows on top and browned them under the broiler. Yum!
Also, Walmart has their sweet potatoes on sale for .50 a pound. Bonus!



Boston Market Sweet Potato Casserole


Ingredients:


3 large sweet potatoes

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 stick butter, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

***Crunch Topping***

1/3 cup melted butter

1/3 cup flour

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup chopped pecans

1 tablespoon cinnamon


Directions:

Boil potatoes until tender. Remove skins when cooled. Put into a large bowl and whip them until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole and top with the Crunch Topping. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.